Who Can Use LoboVirtualDesktop?
LoboVirtualDesktop is available to the following users at UNM:
- Current Students
- Active Faculty and Staff
LoboVirtualDesktop is accessible on the following types of devices:
- Desktop, laptop or tablet running Windows 7 or Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Desktop or laptop computer running macOS (macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor)
- Mobile device (tablet or phone) running Android (4.0 and up)
- Mobile device (tablet or phone) running iOS (13.0 or later - compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
LoboVirtualDesktop requires the installation of a small client (Microsoft Remote Desktop) which facilitates a connection to the applications running on UNM’s cloud-hosted servers.
Before you begin using LoboVirtualDesktop, you must do both of the following:
- Install the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for your operating system:
- Request Acccess to LoboVirtualDesktop.
Configuring the Application
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
- Click on Add a Workspace
- Enter the following URL:
Note: This feed URL is not always required – some Microsoft Remote Desktop clients prompt for login (UNM email address) and automatically discover the feed URL for UNM.
Once the application is configured and you've been granted access, you're ready to log in.
- Right-click the workspace and select Connect.
- Use your UNM email address and password to login to LoboVirtualDesktop (similarly to Office 365/Lobomail).
- In some cases, you may be prompted to login (again) with a “legacy” authentication prompt after you launch an app. If that occurs, login with "NetID@unm.edu" and your password (replacing NetID with your actual NetID).
Note: To prevent further prompts, you can check the "Remember me" box on devices you own and trust (do not check this box on public or shared devices) – this option is not available for all Microsoft Remote Desktop apps.